Blog has moved, searching new blog...

26 June, 2012

NaGaDeMo Game Update

Today, I've been working on my top-down spy/stealth shooter game that I'm hoping will eventually be available for Android phones, flash and Windows/Linux PC's. 

It was meant to be finished for National Game Development Month (NaGaDeMo), but I think because of learning a new language and a few problems I've mentioned previously, the best I can hope for is a demo level of the game.


Today, I have managed to do a little:
  • Enemies and objects (such as crates, chairs, ...) can be added in the editor
  • The Player now collides with objects as well as the tile map
  • The Player can shoot bullets
  • The Bullets now can collide with  the tile map and objects
  • Fixed various annoying problems with the editor, and added a new menu, to make selecting the tile and objects you want easier.

Here is a screen shot showing the enemies, objects and bullets now in the game:


And here is a screenshot of the incomplete level editor which I'm using to create my levels:

In regards to graphics, I've only added a chair to the objects, which can be seen in both screenshots above, I think I'll leave the graphics untill I' need some time out from coding.




No comments:

Post a Comment