Blog has moved, searching new blog...

11 March, 2012

March Advert Update

I released updates to both of my games on the 1st March, and I must have released them at the correct time, because my earnings have increased a lot!  Between $3 and $8 in the first week, and now on average $2.   I must have got them onto the updated list on slideme.org at the right time.

This has meant that I made more than the whole of February in the first six days of March.  And now, I'm very very close to the $100 mark.

The only changes that I have made, have been to remove the notification ad, as it wasn't really earning anything, and replace it with an icon ad, which has so far worked better.

This month my pixelstrip as made double the amount of the hangman game.  With the content locker between levels making 50%, followed by the icon ad, and small banner ( about 25% each) of the revenue from pixelstrip.

Possible questions from this could be: Does this mean sex sells? (Well extrememly pixelated (on purpose) female bodies?  Is it better to try something a bit different, than trying to come up with a different version of the same old classic games?

So very pleased.


3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    For content lockers, are you using the banner types (up to 4 banner ads) or are you using the rich media type?

    Cheers!
    -Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I'm using the banner type content lockers with 4 ads on each, they have made the most, but I haven't tried the rich media type yet.

    regards

    sion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sion,

      Thanks for that feedback.

      Cheers!
      -Bill

      Delete