Blog has moved, searching new blog...

26 April, 2012

110mb.com website hosting review: 1/10

110mb.com is a free website hosting service.
I don't have a lot of money so can't afford to pay for my website to be hosted at the moment.   I first found out about 110mb.com a few years ago and had my first website hosted with them until I realised that the 'box' on which my website was couldn't be accessed from Spain (to where I had just moved)  great! How many other countries can't access my website!

However, I setup a new account on another one of their hosts or 'boxes' and that was okay for a while.  But frequent failures and downtime on their part, gave me great doubts and annoyance.  (I also read on their forums that many other people have also experienced lots of problems).  How can you have a web hosting service if most of the time, your servers and hard drives don't work!

The final straw with the awful 110mb.com came recently, when I tried to access my website and got a page that said my 110mb account has been suspended, followed by some amateurish adverts.  Great! Thanks!  No warning, no messages!   Also, they are impossible to contact, no email address shown, and just a FAQ style help page with no means for me to find out why the account is suspended.

Looking at the reviews of 110mb.com on this page, it looks like I'm not the only one.

 So I've decided to make a website using weebly.com, which so far looks a much better service, and with my lack of web development skills has made it easy to update and edit the website pages.

So, 110mb.com is definitely a webhosting service to AVOID.

No comments:

Post a Comment