Blog has moved, searching new blog...

07 April, 2012

Android F1 Manager Game (Day 7)

I haven't had much time again.  But, I've finally completed the drivers signing/sacking section of the game, with todays updates bringing the ability to sign drivers from other series or unsigned drivers.  I still want to improve the look, such as to sort the drivers somehow, but I'm relatively pleased.

I've also made a start on what will be the hardest part, the race screen, calculating the car's and driver's level of performance, and displaying the players two drivers stats at the bottom of the screen, as well as the top ten drivers, positions to the left of the screen.  


Finally, if I manage to get this released for Android, I'd love to make a version for Windows and Linux PC's, and I've been testing various, visual basic style GUI programming languages, such as Lazarus and Free Pascal and wxWidgets.  But, I've decided that I'll use my old favourite BlitzMax, and have started making my own gui library, so in the future I can quickly create the layout and buttons, and worry more about the game programming.

However, at this moment a PC version is just a thought, as the mobile version is hell of challenge, and I'll concentrate on that at the moment, as a PC version would have to be even more detailed, and maybe futile for a one-man team.

No comments:

Post a Comment