Blog has moved, searching new blog...

12 April, 2012

F1 Android Manager Game (day 10)

I haven't been able to get a lot done today (don't worry, I'm still very motivated!)
I was able to implement the effects of using the soft/hard/wet tyres in the race and qualifying, with the soft tyres wearing down quicker, yet giving a faster lap time. The amount of fuel goes down each lap (also affecting lap times).

I will have to change the numbers in the future, to get the right  balance as the condition of the tyres and amount of fuel doesn't affect the cars lap time enough.  I'm pleased with the differences in time between the soft, hard and wet weather tyres, such as a driver using the wet weather tyres will definitely be at the back of the field.

I also have reorganised the race screen a little bit.

Finally, I've made a start on the PC version (Windows and Linux), which I'm using Blitzmax to create.  Even though it's a different development language, converting and changing the code I've already written isn't taking too long, although I do have to rewrite every line, and coding the GUI and buttons will add some time.

Today in the PC version, I managed to get the navigation buttons working, and load and display all the drivers.   However, I'm 90% focused on the Android version, and will only do the PC version, when I only have half an hour to programme or I need a rest from the Android version.


Although, as mentioned, I have changed the layout slightly, I've also added some screenshots of the current progress of the race screen to the previous post.

No comments:

Post a Comment