Blog has moved, searching new blog...

14 January, 2012

After releasing my first Android App..

Before I set out in making the android game, I knew that there's a whole load of hangman games on the Android market, so I wasn't really holding my breathe for any sales. (even though looking at it as a developer, the prices for some of these apps are ridiculously cheap). - Check my games out here.

But even if it doesn't sell I will continue to update it with new word lists, and improvements as my knowledge of android development continues.

What did I get out of it?

Well two things, the first being a sense of satisfaction on completing a game (even if it isn't a technically advanced game to program) and having some of my work for sale.

Secondly, an advanced knowledge of how developing and submitting a game to the Android market works. I had various setbacks. in the development stage, which I had to work out, and took a lot of time, which won't be repeated, and even in submitting my first app, it was three times lucky, in that I made small mistakes, such as not seeing that you can't change a free app to a paid app after you've submitted it.

So my advice would re-utter the advice of so many other people in the indie games development scene, in that you should start with something small, as this will allow you to make any errors, which you WILL make with the small game, so when you come to making the bigger game that you've always wanted to, it will go smoother, and you'll have more time on coding and less frustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment