Blog has moved, searching new blog...

23 February, 2012

glbasic++, but double disaster

In total, I've only spent a small time trying to reprogram the Pixeloids game using glbasic, I'm impressed.  At the start I had a few bad feelings towards it, getting used to the way it sets up a screen among other things, but now it's feeling more natural and I've nearly got to the same stage I was before using Processing.

However, I haven't been able to test it on my Android phone to compare the performance, as I've had two setbacks, the first being that the cable connecting my laptop to the android has been crushed, and then my laptop died completely in the middle of programming.

So, now I'm trying to continue using my small netbook, a little harder, but I think I'll continue to use glbasic for the moment, and  unless there is a performance drop compared to my existing code when I can finally test it on my phone, I'd like to use it to complete the game, as well as use it's multi-platform abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment