Blog has moved, searching new blog...

09 August, 2010

Adding Computer Car paths

Well, on Saturday, even though I was feeling tired initially, I managed to get quite a bit done on the game.

- I drew 12 different temporary cars graphics on the sprite sheet (hopefully someone can improve them later)
- In the editor the user can now add the start positions of all 24 cars
- In the game all the cars are now put into their grid slots depending on their position.
- Increased the size of the track tiles,


Today, I'm hoping to implement some basic form of movement for the computer controlled cars. I've been thinking about this yesterday and there are two different ways:
1.The Computer cars looks at the next piece of track and moves in that direction
2. The user creates the driving line in the editor and the computer cars follow this.

I chose the second option, as I hope to have at least two different driving lines for each track that the computer cars follows, and they change between them if they wish to overtake or there are too many cars in the same position. This way I hope to at least stop the computer cars from looking like they are all on rails in a line. Hopefully, if I programme neatly it will also able me to improve it and add new bits of extremely basic computer ai, along each step of the way.



If you can draw, please leave a message or email me at isionco(at)gmail(dot)com

No comments:

Post a Comment