Blog has moved, searching new blog...

06 August, 2010

Start your engines!

Progress on my racing game.

Well today:
1. Instead of re-using the platform games level-editor, I've created a new one from scratch, which I hope will serve me better. (but I hope no-one sees the code as it's a complete mess)

2. I've got a basic movement for the players car, allowing it to move, while the game keeps it in the center of the screen, as the car moves around the track or screen.


Initial Hopes and Dreams for the game:
1. It's going to be an arcade racer. (no advanced physics, as I don't think I'm that skilled and also just want to actually complete a good game, which I haven't done since the 'Klick & Play' days in the mid 90's.
2. I hope to include a championship, where the user racers around a number of circuits for points.
3. Ideally, there would also be a career mode with different formulas.
4. Easily editable, so players can make there own cars.
5. Cross-platform. I'm aiming for Windows and Linux, with the possibility of Mac.


Initial Progress Screenshot:

No comments:

Post a Comment