Blog has moved, searching new blog...

12 May, 2012

Ads: Targeting other countries works!

I recently released a joke football game called El Penalti de Ramos (or The Penalty of Ramos) which is available here.  To be honest it's a very bad game, and I released it more as a joke about Sergio Ramos's Champions League Semi-final penalty miss against Bayern Munich where he kicked the ball high over the cross-bar.

In Spain the media were full of jokes about how Ramos missed the penalty, but in other countries this wasn't the case.  So, this app is targeted at Spain.

As usual I put ads from Leadbolt in the game and released it for free.  Now, I was disappointed by amount of downloads and lack of money from advertising in the first few days. But I don't know whether it was because of my Spanish blog post or something else, but for three days the amount of downloads has been between 200 and 700 a day, and I'm very pleased with the amount I have made so far from Leadbolt from this game.

It has meant that for 7 days, the main source of income from Leadbolt ads has been from Spain (before this it has been 80% from the USA).  While, I hope the this continues, this does prove that it is possible to have country specific apps that make money.

I can't recommend Leadbolt enough for your Android apps.  If you do sign up, please support me by signing up using this referral link:

http://leadboltapps.com/web/publishers/signup.php?ref=10031484

No comments:

Post a Comment