Blog has moved, searching new blog...

26 April, 2011

Seventh Day - Bitmap fonts and planning

Today, I've spent the morning working on using bitmap fonts to draw in game text. This is because apparently BlitzMax is slower or uses more memory to load and draw font's from font files than to load text from an image (such as the image shown below this text). This has been an interesting experience because I've never done this before or dealt with ascii codes, but after a lot of attempts and errors, the final code is quite simple.



Also, I've created two lists that will help me, the first lists all the tasks that need to be completed, there priority, the section of the game (such as graphics, sound, game engine) and an estimate of time it will take to do.

The second list is the same, but it's for fixes or improvements that I see and need to address in the future, which could be anything from improving the memory usage to how games work.

I think these will help me a lot in the development of the game, because I can clearly see and pick a task that will take a short time or long time depending on the amount of free time I have available on that certain day

No comments:

Post a Comment