Blog has moved, searching new blog...

07 January, 2010

Level-Editor

Even though I haven't decided on the exact type of game that I'm going to make, I have several rough plans and ideas, and no it's probably going to be tile-based, so I've decided to make a rough level editor, nothing to fancy, just something that can read from a tilemap image and change the tiles when the user clicks on one.

The basics are finished, but I've yet to implement a scrolling map view, file select to choose which file to edit or edit the level size without opening the files separately.





I know it's only taken me an afternoon to get to this point, but I'm relatively pleased, as I plan to make some tile-based games, such as a platformer, over-head and puzzle games, as well as the main game I'm going to focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment