Blog has moved, searching new blog...

17 April, 2010

Level Editor Version 0.2b

Today, I've returned to working on the level editor. In that to be able to reach my first goal of finishing a single level, I'll need to add enemies and objects to the game, (and having this completed will also be a motivational thing for me to0).

So, today I've spent four hours working on the level editor, and have added a nice little menu that opens up so the user can change between adding the level tiles, (which build up the world in 32x32 blocks) and adding enemies and objects.

I did have a bit of a 'Damn it!' moment when I couldn't figure out why when loading a level it wouldn't load the objects, because I'd forgot to read the part of the level's file that tells the editor how many objects there are, so I wasted some time here, until I suddenly realized what was missing when I was eating a sandwich.

I have actually been putting this of for a while, as I wasn't looking forward to getting back into the messy code of the editor and adding all this. But, I guess it's a big relief to have it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment