Blog has moved, searching new blog...

14 June, 2013

3D Space Game: We have buildings!

I'm back working on my 'on rails' space shooter game.

If I do finish this game, levels will either be in space or above the ground on planets.  One question to do with levels that I've been thinking about are whether to have fixed pre-designed levels or randomly created ones.

The planet levels will be in different locations, such as above a city, in the mountains, above lava. 
So, today, I've been trying to create a city and playing with adding randomly sized and placed buildings in the level, and they work quite well in that once they disapear behind the level, they are moved into a random position in front of the player.


The player approaches a dense city

Inside the city

A city with 'thinner' buildings

No comments:

Post a Comment